[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY]RTTY Callsign database

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 30 15:21:37 EDT 2003

As of a few minutes ago, I asked AA5AU to remove the master.cal and
friend.ini files I have sent him from his web site. Whether he does so
of course is up to him. In any event, updates to those files will no
longer be sent to him.

I have also asked I be removed as a source of such files from his web
pages.

I am taking the list private. If you would like to get an update,
please just quote this message back to me and it will be sent to you
personally. If your server has a problem with large file sizes, let me
know and I will chop it up for you, and include a executable file
which will put it back together. If you would like to send me your log
files, please do so with the understanding that the new masters will
be private.

The vast majority of you have been very supportive to me and I
appreciate that.

As a final point, Don has stated several times that the file was
missing "prominent DXers". When I asked who, he sent me 2 calls. While
I do admit mistakes on my part occasionally, I do not consider the
omission of 2 calls significant. The new master is now over a year
old, and with the many logs I have received for the CQWW, it's going
to get better with time.

While I do concede I'm getting a little long in the tooth, I will not
have my integrity or intelligence questioned.

And please, let this be the final message on this subject.

73
Ed