[WriteLog] Networking Issue

tmcdermott at chiaro.com tmcdermott at chiaro.com
Tue Apr 6 08:18:24 EDT 2004

Brian:

	Writelog uses NetBIOS to network. WinXP added the capability to identify a computer
with a mixed case name (including embedded spaces). Win95 NetBIOS will not recognize lower case
names, and truncates at the first space.

The solution is to make sure all three computers have UPPERCASE names with no spaces.

More details in the archives: http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/WriteLog/2003-02/msg00569.html

	-- Tom, N5EG

I am having an issue with networking 3 computers with Writelog. Computer 1 is running XP Home Computer 2 is running Win 95 Computer 3 is running Win ME The computers are connected via a router. All 3 computers see one another under Windows. I can share files etc.