[WriteLog] Writelog and SteppIR

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 20:35:13 EDT 2004

In a message dated 4/26/2004 6:37:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tom.georgens at lsil.com writes:
Has anybody out there used Writelog to control a SteppIR control box and a
radio on the same serial port?

After reading the SteppIR web site, the Writelog polling function should
allow this to work but I was looking for first hand experience.
Tom,

I have a SteppIR Big Vertical and I do use WriteLog.  It is the serial data
from the radio that controls the SteppIR, not WL.  I have an Icom 756Pro2, and
I simply have a Y-connector on the radios REMOTE jack.  One side of the Y goes
to the SteppIR control box, and the other side of the Y goes to the
computer's serial port.  When I change bands on the radio, the SteppIR also changes
bands.  You don't even need the computer to be on.

Questions?  Just fire away.

73, Geo...

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450