[WriteLog] SHIFT-Fn On-the-fly recording stopped working in 10.48?

Mark Aaker K6UFO K6UFO at arrl.net
Sun Aug 15 16:53:22 EDT 2004

In getting ready for NAQP SSB, I was setting up voice recording and
playback,
probably for the first time after upgrading to 10.48.  The voice
playback works fine, but when
I hit SHIFT-Fn to record a message, the PTT doesn't key up and no
recording happens.

If I stick a different Msg5.WAV file in the wavefiles folder, the F5
playback message changes
appropriately.  I just can't record any new/different ones on-the-fly
like I used to.

I tried to check all the obvious things in Setup-Ports, Tools-Sound
Board Options, the mixer control panel, that the right folder is
identified for wavefiles, ...  But still no joy.

Is there something different in 10.48 to accommodate the ten extra
message slots?  Is there a way to
restore the SHIFT-Fn to record a message.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Mark Aaker K6UFO
k6ufo at arrl.net