[WriteLog] COM Port problem

Alan J.Donziger n3ad at verizon.net
Tue Aug 24 13:48:56 EDT 2004

I am having a problem getting second COM port (for 2nd radio) to work with writelog.  I have a Dell computer running WIN XP.  It originally had one serial port which is COM 1 and works fine with radio 1.  I tried adding a 2nd com port in two ways.  First I got a Belkin USB to serial convertor.  It shows up in device manager as OK and will work a serial mouse.  I have it configured as COM 7 and WL can see it as good port (no com port not available message).  But radio not working.

I then installed a Cyber Serial PCI 16C550 card which is configured as COM 6.  Same result as above.  If I switch radios, the one on COM 1 always works.

I added the lines Comslot2=6 and comslot3=7 to ini file.

Is there anything else I need to add to ini file to get either of these ports to work?

Thanks

Alan/N3AD