[WriteLog] Lost multipliers -- ARRL 160 Contest

Art Wildblood artw4aa at aug.com
Mon Dec 6 21:42:31 EST 2004

WL V10.39
While reviewing my ARRL 160M contest log, I noticed that WriteLog "lost"
three of my DX multipliers: 3E1 (Panama), ZF (Cayman) and YV (Venezuela).
For each of these three QSOs, the log window has a ? (question mark) in the
"M" column (whatever that is), a blank in the "ML" column, a 2 (digit two --
should have been a five) in the "P" column, and the country for each QSO is
correctly identified in the "Country" column.  Also, these three countries
are not listed in the "Show Multipliers" window, and my score is understated
by the combination of the missing three multipliers and the missing three
points for each of these QSO's.  I realize that ARRL log checking will pick
up these discrepancies, but it seems I should be able to correct my log and
prevent this from happening in the future.  Why did it happen, and how do I
fix it?

Another glitch I noticed was that at one point, WriteLog failed to follow my
TX frequency in the Log window.  It remained "stuck" on a previous run
frequency, even though I was then jumping around in S&P mode.  (I think the
fq  was 1812.)   Seems to me I got it unstuck by manually entering a
frequency from the KB.

Thanks & 73, Art/W4AA