[WriteLog] Writelog-CT17-Radios

Richard Zalewski dick.w7zr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 09:23:36 EST 2004

I would like to renew this thread to see if we can come up with a
solution.  Again it was a frustrating weekend having to click twice,
three, four times or more to get a spot to move to the entry window.
Sometimes the spot would move to the entry window but the entry window
would not be the active area so it would take another click or two.

One thing that seemed to help a little (I emphasize little) was
changing the comm ptt to NO on the radio.

I am able to use DX Labs suite of programs and select band spots
without any problem so I do not think it is a radio or computer
problem.  It may be a set up problem of some sort but it sure is
annoying.

One last clue and this has existed for some time.  After transmitting
about 90% of the time there is a "No Rig" displayed for a brief moment
and then the correct frequency is displayed.  This has been going on
for many revisions.

I have to believe there is some sort of polling problem and sure could
use some help on this.

Thanks to all.

Dick W7ZR

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:27:31 -0600, George Skoubis
<george.skoubis at verizon.net> wrote:
> Dick,
>
>  Do you have the setting on the IC-775 line (in the ports menu) set to
> sync?
>
>  Try that and see if it works.  It may be a communications problem
> where the PW-1 / IC-775 / Writelog are trying to use the comm bus at the
> same time and there are collisions.   I think sync tells Writelog to
> wait until the channel is clear until it sends its command.
>
>  Wayne explained the sync setting a few years ago but I've forgotten
> since!
>
>  Let me know if this helps.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George / KF9YR