[WriteLog] Writelog-CT17-Radios

Floyd Sense fsense at copper.net
Tue Dec 14 07:25:46 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Stordahl" <ron.stordahl at digikey.com>
To: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr at gmail.com>
Cc: "George Skoubis" <george.skoubis at verizon.net>; "Writelog"
<writelog at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog-CT17-Radios

<<snip>>
> The whole thing is a can of worms.  I spent a lot of time 'fine tuning'
> the strings and 'waits' for the ICOM 781, and then later the ICOM
> 756ProII.
<<snip>> When I finally got a working set of strings and delays for the
756ProII,

Interesting.  I've used my 781 extensively with Writelog and have never had
any problems with rig communications and have never tweaked anything.  I run
the interface at 9600 and have always used a simple cable unit to do the
necessary serial port conversion - never used the CT17.  I've never
understood why guys continue to buy the CT17 when there are several other
much less expensive alternatives out there.

K8AC