[WriteLog] microham & WL

Don Hatlestad dhatlestad at mail.com
Thu Dec 16 15:29:34 EST 2004

Chuck,

I like the microKeyer so far, though I have only had it for
a couple of weeks or so. Last night, I updated WL to 10.51
for the K1EL keyer support. A quick test proved that it works
into a dummy load. Hopefully I will get on the air in short
order. My experience got off to a rough start because the
cable that shipped with the microKeyer had a defect. A little
solder and a little patience fixed it.

Many messages were posted to the WL reflector about hashed
RTTY and CW letters. In order to prevent that from happening
from the start, I installed a USB 2.0 card with four ports.
Right now, I have a USB high-speed wireless network adapter
and the microKeyer plugged in and it seems to work great. I
would recommend a USB 2.0 card and USB 2.0 compatible equipment
to anyone trying to use a USB to serial adapter, whether it
is a microKeyer or not. The throughput for USB 2.0 is 10x
faster than USB 1.0 and that seems to make a difference.

Don AC7FA