[WriteLog] MK1100 and band decoding?

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Fri Dec 24 13:53:10 EST 2004

Clive,

The Top Ten Devices Yaesu band decoder does indeed work directly off the
LPT ports of the W5XD MK1100. I have my keyer in series with my IC756 Pro
II and a Top Ten Yaesu decoder fed from the keyer lpt port. That way I get
unique band decoding so my band pass and band stub filters get used on 15m
and not on 17m, etc. One of the very major downsides to Icom gear.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 04:15 PM 12/24/2004 +0000, Clive Whelan wrote:
>Hi people
>
>Does anyone know if the BCD data on pins 2,7,8,9 of the LPT ports is at TTL
>level? In particular therefore will it interface directly with e.g. the Top
>Ten Devices band decoder ( how about the Elecraft?). Top Ten don't seem to
>be aware of the MK1100, and cannot advise directly. [ Wayne perhaps some
>dialogue is indicated?]. Info. appreciated.
>

>Compliments of the season to all
>

>73
>

>Clive
>GW3NJW