[WriteLog] Message Play Level

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Fri Dec 24 17:23:52 EST 2004

Phil,

Don't panic. Just open the Volume Control appilet for the sound card you
are using and adjust the Line Out control to bring the wave files up to the
level you want.

Now that said I just looked at my setup to see what question you were
asking. I see that when the WL Sound Mixer Level Control is pointing at my
new Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card that the Msg Play level is grayed out
also. But when the appilet loads it reads the card and correctly reflects
the setting of the line out control. It just can not control it!
Interesting.  If you have another card, change the settings to that one and
in my case as soon as either my 16 pci card or the Sound Max card is
selected in the Mixer window the Msg Play control becomes active and can
adjust the sound card.

I don't see what is missing but for some reason the WL Sound Mixer Control
can not set some thing in the Santa Cruz card?

Jerry, W6IHG

At 02:13 PM 12/24/2004 -0500, PhilipTheis wrote:
>I'd like to check again to see if anyone knows why the Msg Play Level
>check box would be greyed out in the Sound card level application.
>All sounds work (just can't adjust the message level) and operation
>otherwise is normal.
>Would love to bring my messages up to the level of my microphone.
>I'm starting to panic, contest in a few weeks.  Have yet to hear from
>anybody on this.
>73,
>Phil

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC