[WriteLog] ICOM 746 FSK Interface

Aldewey at aol.com Aldewey at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 20:33:15 EST 2004

Is there any secret to using direct FSK keying on the ICOM 746?

I built up a couple simple 2N2222 / 1 K resistor interfaces.  This seems to
work fine when keying my FT1000D.  However, when trying to key pin 1 of
Accessory Jack #1 on the back of the 746, it just acts like key down all the time
(i.e a solid tone).  I fooled around with different resistors but just couldn't
get it to work.  If I manually ground the pin, I can hear the two tones.

I've seen a couple old questions on this on the reflector but couldn't find
any answers.  Any suggestions appreciated.

73,

Al, K0AD