[WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Thu Feb 5 18:38:51 EST 2004

1. My first logging program was NA which I stuck with until Wlog was in
Version 9.27(?).  I found the transition to Wlog to be almost painless.
It appears to me the author of the review cut his eye teeth on TR and
wants something almost identical to how it works.  I have no objection to
what he prefers as long as I can still have it my way.  BTW, the N0NI
station used TR for a year or two and I developed a strong dislike of TR
because invariably I'd do something and wind up in the wrong "mode."
Evidently the programs attempts to read my mind failed miserably.

2. Band map zooming is not a big issue with me.  Again if this can be
done in such a way that I can have it my way, no objection.

3. As to the windows I can dock or float them, so I don't know why he
deducted points for that.

4. Please no real time updates.  Let up update when I want.  Maybe this
could be done like some of the software programs that allow you to turn
on auto update if you want. But, still give you the option of doing
manual updates.

5. I see no problem with the way country and multiplier files are
updated.

This reminds me of some of what we are going through at work with a
database redesign.  The users have tons of data available but the
interface/display is not what some of them want.  Solution do it in a way
where the user can customize the DB interface to work the way they think
it should and display what they want.  Let all the end user have it their
way any maybe all will be happy and sing in perfect harmony;-)

73 W0ETC