[WriteLog] 10.45M Question

llindblom at juno.com llindblom at juno.com
Fri Feb 6 22:17:51 EST 2004

Thanks, that was sort of my guess, but I needed a 2nd opinion.  Lets hope the registry never gets horked and needs to be edited, because a bad edit in Writelog.ini is one thing bud a bad edit in the registry is a hole different story or nightmare.

73

-- "Eric Scace  K3NA" <eric at k3na.org> wrote:
   The utility allows WL to operate with the various configuration parameters (normally found in the infamous WriteLog.ini file)
stored away in the Windows Registry.

   There are two advantages to this approach:

1) For WinXP users, WL can be used by a user who does not possess administrator privileges.

2) For WinXP (and probably other WinNT/Win2000 systems as well) users, the WriteLog.ini parameters can have DIFFERENT values for
EACH user account.  This is helpful at a station used by multiple operators, each of whom has their own personal preferences for
WriteLog configuration.

   It might also be helpful if you want to create different user names for different WL configurations (e.g., RTTY, CW/SSB) where
the configuration of WriteLog.ini might be very different.

-- Eric K3NA