[WriteLog] modes again

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Tue Feb 10 12:09:26 EST 2004

BTW

The commands for the bandmap are in the [Entry] section. Bring up the help
file and you will find four parameters dealing with that. There might be a
master parameter that set to zero would turn the rest off but I set each
one to zero so I would not fool myself at some later reading.

Also notice that there is a new (I think) headphones parameter. But I think
these are on the menus.

I went thru the whole ini help file and one of my ini files I use to set up
for contests (the one I need for wpx). Now I have to go thru the rest of
them making the same corrections.

Don't forget the Keypad1 and Keypad 7 if you are used to using the number
pad to enter serial numbers. Another example of a feature being turned on
that violates the normal condition of those keys as Number keys when Num
Lock is on (one of my pre-contest check list items. "Is NumLock turned On?"

Doing a Setup, Save Configuration will write all these new keyboard
shortcuts into your ini files.

With all this necessary editing, we sure better have a good frontend
interface if we finally move all these items to the registery doing away
with the ini file.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 11:10 AM 2/9/2004 -0800, Terry Dunlap wrote:
>At 12:35 PM 2/9/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>>BUT the example of FILLING from the Bandmap being active when I had done
>>nothing to activate it is in my opinion wrong. There were no commands in
>>my writelog.ini file to cause this feature to be turned on but yet it
>>was. I had to stop and read the new help pages on the [Bandmap] to find
>>out there are not one but four new parameters to be added and set to zero
>>to turn them off.
>
>This one was driving me CRAZY during the XE contest.  I still haven't
>found the help
>info to turn this stuff off!
>

>>IMHO, all these neat features should default OFF. If I do nothing
>>explicit to turn them on then they stay off. I should not have to turn
>>off someone else's nice to have "efficiency" feature.
>
>Absolutely!!!  An upgrade should NOT change any of your preferred program
>characteristics.  The user should
>have to turn anything new on by his choice!
>

>73 de Terry KK6T

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net