[WriteLog] Writelog and Dual Video

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Thu Feb 12 11:53:35 EST 2004

OK,

Let me check this out this morning. I have not messed with these settings
in over a year. Maybe I need a new driver. But the last driver I got from
Matrox had completely different behavior and messed every thing up. Sure
would like to get rid of that annoyance.

Let me see what driver, etc I have and we can compare notes.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 06:50 AM 2/11/2004 -0600, FireBrick wrote:

> > Wayne,
> >
> > As one who has two different video cards in my two main computers, there is
> > a difference. I find the ATI video much more friendly than the Matrox card.
> > The ATI video uses the two monitors as two (you can put windows where you
> > want on both) The biggest annoyance with the Matrox is when you maximize a
> > window, it covers both monitors! And when a message comes up centered on
> > the screen,it is split across the seam of both monitors. Whereas the ATI
> > maximizes on one monitor and messages come up in the center of one monitor.
> >
> > That said, I can't give you the model numbers (yes, I can on this computer
> > the ATI icon says it is a Radeon VE) On the other, the Matrox is several
> > years old so Matrox may have gotten smarter on managing multiple monitors.
> >
> > There is a difference also in the Analog or Digital outputs available. So
> > check that out.
> >
> > Jerry, W6IHG
>Jerry, this is incorrect. I use Matrox cards and they have a option to
>spread over two
>monitors or open where you want them. Maybe you inadvertently checkmarked
>this option.
>Matrox also remembers the size and position of 'most' windows/applications.
>
>Matrox G4 series cards also come with two normal video ports and do not
>need adapters.

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net