[WriteLog] highlighting rtty callsigns

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 15 23:14:25 EST 2004

Hmm... and here I thought that WL just looked for a DE and a space and
then accepted everything until the next space as a call.  It certainly
behaved that way at times this weekend, highlighting all sorts of
garbage between two spaces after a DE.  At least one call ending in L
didn't get the L highlighted.  There was a problem with another call
ending in H or P, don't recall which.  A /6 didn't get highlighted
although no problem with other portable call signs.  I don't remember
what happened with K6SEA.  I'm using 10.37 and don't recall updating any
.dat file except cty.dat (there sure isn't much clutter in the SCP window).

I think there's more to this than the contents of a data base file.  If
the call highlighting depended on the contents of a file then I don't
think WL right out of the box would do a very good job of highlighting
calls.  In my experience, it does, although not perfect.

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO