[WriteLog] M2 2800 RS232 Protocol Update

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 03:06:40 EST 2004

It will break it.  When I asked Dave Bernstein to support the
new protocol in DXLAB, he talked to Wyatt and I later cornered
Mike at Jimmy's BBQ about it and they talked to Dave.  Dave told
me explicitly that he would have to have two different protocols.
He should know, he has two of the older rotator boxes. I never
did get the support as I think they kept telling Dave things
would settle down. It is definitely broken.  If I try to command
the new control box with dxlab or writelog, the old initialize
command sends the new box into the weeds and nothing short of
turn off and turn back on will fix it.

Bob
N4HY