[WriteLog] low tones

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Tue Feb 17 23:44:12 EST 2004

Update:

Item 1b was the result of operator error.

The rtty system in the 756 ProII only works on 2125 Hz mark frequency.  Whe=
n the operator was trying to use MMTTY along with the internal system, he f=
orgot to change the mark frequency in MMTTY from 1414 Hz to 2125 Hz.  Once =
corrected, the two work perfectly together.

So, the IC 756ProII fixed level audio output does in fact continue to be pr=
esent on ACC1 pin 5.

Sorry.

N5NJ

com, "Jerry Pixton" <jpixton at shentel.net>
> Date: Mon, Feb-16-2004 1:44 PM
> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] low tones
> =

> A couple of comments on the Pro II.
> =

> 1) The audio inputs and outputs are not consistent
>     a) When you go to LSB-D, you can no longer use the mic input, you mus=
t use the rear panel input
>     b) When you go to RTTY, the fixed level audio out is shut off.  Most =
dissappointing.
> 2) The rtty TPF seems to work real well, but it's not easy on the ears to=
 listen to.
> 3) Using the LSB-D mode over the last two weekends, I seem to be able to =
decode more than I can hear - literally.
> =

> I was calling CQ on 10 meters yesterday and listening for responses inste=
ad of watching the screen.  I reached up and pressed the F1 button, and not=
iced that VE9DX's callsign was on the screen a couple of times.  I stopped =
my CQ, sent him an exchange and logged a QSO with a station my ears could n=
ot detect at all.  This is cool stuff.
> =

> I'm running Writelog with MMTTY, and the computer is an IBM 600E Notebook=
 running Win98SE.  Audio in & out on the DIN connector on the back of the P=
ro II and using a Microham USB interface for PTT & rig control.
> =

> 73,
> Bob N5NJ
> =