[WriteLog] Networking

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 20:15:21 EST 2004

Interesting problem. I have something like this, but in reverse: I have a
multi-computer network, and recently I discovered one of the Win98se
computers cannot "see out" to other computers on the network. Others can
"see in" to this one, however.

What I think strange is that WriteLog has no problem of any kind with this
- this particular computer is one I use in the two-computer SO2R contesting
setup, and WL can immediately link to/from this "blind" one no problem, and
operate 48 hour contests FB. Go figure!

I cannot find anything wrong with the network configuration. The "network
troubleshooter" utility will not run on this particular computer - freezes
up. I expect to change to XP soon so don't need to fix it if I do that. It
can wait, in any event, since networked WriteLog runs AOK.

Jerry W4UK