[WriteLog] will the person who asked me how

k0bx at qsl.net k0bx at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 06:03:46 EST 2004

I want to thank all that responsed to my question
concerning AR with Writelog.

I have not got it to work yet.  But since AR is
working in a stand alone mode, and Writelog Telnet is
working fine, then I would assume that the problem is
in the setup.  So I am at work this morning and went
to the VE7CC website and "RTM" (Read the manual).

I think my problem is that in the configuration, the
communications menu, that I do not have anything
'Checked" in the Local Network.  I think that I need
to have 'Telnet' checked.

    * AR User - Check "Configuration>Ports>Local
Network>Telnet".
    * Logging Program - Telnet to 127.0.0.1:7300 if in
same machine.
    * Logging Program - Telnet to IP address (port
7300)if in different machine (ie 198.162.100.1 :7300)

I will report if this is the fix after I get home
tonight and try it.

Sorry for the bandwidth, but maybe this will help
someone else too.

Joe K0BX
25 years in Information Systems and still can't read
the manual!