[WriteLog] ADI Callbook Question

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 24 22:16:30 EST 2004

Bill, it would be easier to edit the ADIF file before inport, renaming the
field which contains the state.

If you want to send me your .ADI file, I can try to do it for you.

73 - Jim AD1C

At 09:11 PM 2/24/2004, Bill Metzger wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have been using Writelog now for about 2 years.  After each contest ends,
>I export the data to an ADI file and then import it into DXBase 2004
>(previously 2003).  DXBase is my master log and allows combining PSK/RTTY
>contacts from MixW, SSB ragchew and casual contacts inputted directly and
>then finally contest contacts.  Contesting generates the majority of my
>QSO's.
>
>Recently I generated a report to see where I stood on WAS, since in the ARRL
>RTTY RU I had worked all but 2 States.  Surprisingly I found only a very few
>States.  Looking into it further, I discovered that Writelog does not
>identify the State for each QSO and thus does not put it into the ADI file.
>Once I realized this, it was obvious since a callbook lookup is not set up
>in Writelog like MixW.
>
>I ended up looking up every record and manually inputting the State into
>DXBase.  Quite a time consuming job.
>
>So my question is for all the Writelog "experts", is there a way to have
>Writelog look these up and insert the State.  I can't find anything in the
>help file on this.  On the other hand, for those DXBase "experts", is there
>a way to get DXBase to look each record up and insert the State.

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC