[WriteLog] Tuning RTTY with the FT1000D

Aldewey at aol.com Aldewey at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 23:53:52 EST 2004

All;

I am brand new to RTTY.  I have WriteLog up and going but seem to have a
little trouble easily tuning in RTTY signals.  Can someone give me some tips on
the best settings on the FT1000D.  On LSB, I seem to do OK with the 2.0 and 2.4
KHZ..  When I switch in the 500 HZ filter, everything pretty much goes away.
I hear the signal again when I switch in the 250 hz filter but I have a heck
of a time getting the signal to print.  I'm using a soundblaster card with the
speaker going into the mic input.  For now, I am using WINRTTY but will
probably switch to MMTTY?

Are there any other things , or dip switch settings , I should be tweaking?
Any suggestions appreciated.

73,

Al, K0AD