[WriteLog] An answer for K6VVA & Note to Wayne

George Johnson w1zt at comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 12:12:29 EST 2004

Rick,
I think the appropriate expression is "watch out for what you wish for".
I would suggest trying the existing audio package and setup before you get
too excited about an extension.  WriteLog is used by most of us as a
contesting aid and if you are contesting with it you might find that things
might be "possible" but not necessarily helpful in a contest.

The automatic audio robot is interesting but a lot of work to set up and
many have simply found that it is "interesting" but doesn't help to improve
your contest experience.

Give the existing configuration a try and see how much you can do with
it.  There is quite a bit there right now.
73 and good luck,
George .. W1ZT