[WriteLog] Trouble with COM2 at A38/IRQ7?

John Griswold kb1hdo at arrl.net
Sat Jan 3 12:29:57 EST 2004

I'm new to WriteLog and trying to set it up on my PC. I have 3 COM Ports, one native, two on a PCI card. COM1 is alrealy host to a fussy device who's driver loses it on other COM ports, so I'm left with WriteLog on another port.

When I go into Setup and select COM2 and all, WriteLog will see the radio (Icom IC-706MkIIg) for a minute, and then lose it (No Rig!). When I experimentally switched it over to the COM1 port, all seemed well for the few minutes I tested it.

I'm wondering if anybody's seen a problem like this (I see all sort of success stories in the archives), and whether it's been fixed.

Thanks in advance,
John Griswold, KB1HDO