[WriteLog] Need help on SO2R CW on 2 COM ports

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Sat Jan 10 10:10:38 EST 2004

Don,

Generally speaking, you need to use an external switching device to move th=
e CW keying from one radio to another.

Since you can only transmit on one radio at a time, this logic is appropria=
te.

There are several devices commercially available (W5XD, TopTen, ZS4TX, etc.=
) or you can homebrew one.

73,
N5NJ

> From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au at bellsouth.net>
> To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog at contesting.com>
> Date: Sat, Jan-10-2004 9:23 AM
> Subject: [WriteLog] Need help on SO2R CW on 2 COM ports
> =

> I'm trying to run SO2R CW on one PC, keying CW from two separate COM port=
s.
> =

> I have one COM port keying CW on one radio and a separate COM port keying=
 CW on
> the 2nd radio.  They work separately if I select the COM port in Setup-Po=
rts.
> =

> However, I'm only able to choose one CW COM port in Setup-Ports.  I've gl=
anced
> through WriteLog help and the K9JY site but can't find how to control one=
 CW COM