[WriteLog] More info on IC-765 frequency read problem

K4BEV at aol.com K4BEV at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 21:44:10 EST 2004

So far this year I've done a couple of CW and RTTY contests and had NO
mis-read frequencies in any log. Tonight I checked into the TCG SSB net and brought
WL up to check out a log.
I noticed that the frequency readout kept changing. Apparently this is only
happening if the radio is in the SSB mode. I sure wish I'd noticed this earlier
since one of my favorite SSB contests is this weekend.
This was brought up last year, but somehow became a non-issue, possibly
because it appeared to go away. A lot of contacts are logged as out of band and
aren't scored. While it's not a big deal to go back through the log and find and
change the freqs on those QSOs, it really shouldn't be necessary.
Is there anyway this can be fixed? Before Saturday would be great - hi -

73, Don - K4BEV