[WriteLog] MMTTY <-> P-38 keying

Rick Mintz Rmintz at Rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 27 19:32:00 EST 2004

Hi gang.

I am setting up an interface box for MMTTY (FSK) and an HAL P-38 (internal) FSK modems. The PTT, FSK etc.
signals output from my IC-765 and are split to the P-38 directly and MMTTY thru optoisolators. Writelog is set
up for two RTTY windows and of course two entry windows.

Here is the question.

When transmitting from either entry window the PTT, FSK lines to both modems will be active (since the FSK &
PTT signals are just split) but will both modem attempt to transmit simultaneously? I am hoping that since a
single entry window is active, that one will send characters and the other entry window/modem (although keyed)
will not affect the transmitted signal.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks from VERY snowy, Western New York.

de Rick, W1TY