[WriteLog] WIN2000 Question

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 20:10:51 EST 2004

JE Brown wrote:
> However, if I boot up with WIN2000, then start the KAM with "PACTERM for Windows" (a TNC program from KanTronics), then close the program, then start Writelog, the KAM will initialize just fine.  I can then close Writelog and reopen it as many times as I want and it will initialize the KAM.  However, if I shut down the PC or reboot for any reason, then I am back to no initialization.
> Jim   W4LC

I've got a couple of KAM+s also, but not in use now. If I remember
correctly, Pacterm sets the KAM into another mode from the original
state.

Which is why you're seeing WL OK after Pacterm runs. Guess the best
solution would be to leave the KAM in the Pacterm mode permanently,
and WL should do the rest.

73
Ed