[WriteLog] Category

cwman at juno.com cwman at juno.com
Wed Jan 28 23:00:37 EST 2004

Posting categories before the contest, with the correct email address for log submissions, would help considerably.  It was not working on Sunday the 25th.  I finally got it to accept Multi-one:

        ERROR MESSAGE REPORT FROM THE ROBOT

ERROR #1: Invalid category

REMEDY #1: Please modify your Cabrillo log file to include
a valid category.  Here are all the examples of possible valid categories
for the CQ 160 Meter CW Contest, choose one:

CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 160M HIGH
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 160M LOW
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 160M QRP
CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE
CATEGORY: CHECKLOG

----------
CQWW LOG WARNING MESSAGE REPORT FROM THE ROBOT

CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE 160M HIGH CW
  Line 4 was discarded.  Invalid Cabrillo category specification.

73,

Fred/NA2U
CWMAN...I'D RATHER WORK CW!!!
"Je mange donc je suis."
"Good wine is a necessity of life for me."--Thomas Jefferson

-- Bill Turner <wrt at dslextreme.com> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:00:19 -0500, Dave L Thompson wrote:

>The CQ 160 robot accepts the following categories (modified as of today).
>
>The robot will accept any of the following things as categories:
>
>        CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 160M HIGH
>        CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 160M LOW
>        CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 160M QRP
>        CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE
>        CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE 160M LOW
>        CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE 160M HIGH
>        CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE 160M QRP
>        CATEGORY: CHECKLOG
>        CATEGORY: CHECKLOG 160M LOW
>        CATEGORY: CHECKLOG 160M HIGH
>        CATEGORY: CHECKLOG 160M QRP

Thanks, Dave.

I wish ALL contest sponsors would post a list like this on their
websites.  So much confusion would be avoided!

--
Bill, W6WRT