[WriteLog] Function keys

S. Sneidar sneidars001 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jan 28 16:36:41 EST 2004

OK Doc, I got it. Here are some pointers for the SETUP/MESSAGES.
1. Messages are assigned to function keys 1 thru 11.
2. By default the F11 message blank is assigned to any CQ message you want.
BUT that message is sent by the Function (F) 1 key.
3. There must be something in the message window to turn the transmnitter
on.
4. Some useful things to put in the message windows are:
    %R (caps)    carriage return and line feed.
    %E               End (turns xmitter off.)
    %D                inserts the call that was clicked and dropped into the
log window.
5. %3                insers automaticaly your next log sequence number
6. %H                inserts the callers first name from the friend file.
7. I assigned my function keys as follows:

F1        CQ - Run mode
F2        Response and report -  Run mode
F3        QSL/QRZ -  Run mode
F4.       Call someone -   search and pounce mode
F5        Response and report -  search and pounce mode
F6        Your call again?
F7        Your report again?
F8        My call repeated several times
F9        My report repeated several times
F10      Worked B4

This a my typical CQ:
%RCQ TEST DE AH6HH AH6HH %R%E

This is my typical response for some one calling me:
%R%D DE AH6HH TU %H 599 599 %3 %3 QSL BK%R%E

Oh yes,  alt/K turns on the xmitter for a kbd comms. ESC turn the xmitter
off.

Hope this is what you were asking and hope it helps. Have fun,

de sid ah6hh