[WriteLog] Help with FT-990 & WL setup

J. Allen vy1ja at northwestel.net
Wed Jul 7 10:31:08 EDT 2004

Thanks to all who have been giving me feedback on this question.

Here is the "more information" that was requested...

The FT-990 indicates that it is on RTTY and indicates LSB as well.  The
computer is keying the PTT because the 990 goes into the transmit mode....
When I had the Omni-V hooked up this automatically meant that I had keydown
and steady power output, but it does not happen with the FT-990.  I am
beginning to think that there is something I am doing wrong in the setup of
the RIG!

Because the Omni-V worked well, I assume the problem is with the rig.  Has
anyone had a similar problem with an FT-990?  What simple things should I
look for in the rig setup first.

Thanks,
J.

VY1JA