[WriteLog] Hard Drive Failure, THANKS

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jul 8 09:15:35 EDT 2004

--- Bill Metzger <wmetzger at earthlink.net> wrote:

> While somewhat off topic, there is an excellent program available called
> "Second Copy 2000".  The website for it is www.centered.com.  Basically you
> can set the program to automatically backup any of your information as it
> changes, to another hard drive or network computer.

This sounds similar to Iomega Automatic Backup which I have used for several
years:

  http://www.iomega.com/software/autobackuppc.html

I have a two-tiered backup approach.  When a file on my ham PC changes, the
software writes the changed file over the network to a hard drive on my office
PC.  When that file on the office PC changes, the software running on that PC
writes the changed file to a USB "jump" drive.

Iomega Automatic Backup can be configured to save up to the last 5 versions of
any changed file.  So you can have plenty of old backups in case you make a lot
of mistakes.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC