[WriteLog] Hard Drive Failure, THANKS

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Fri Jul 9 11:38:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:51:56 +0100, m5aex (Andrew) wrote:

>A question - sorry
>if it is naive.  If I have a HD of say 40Gb that is 3/4 full, do I need
>another 40Gb drive on which to create the image - that is, is the image the
>same size as the original disk?  I assume it is, but I'm not sure.

When you create the image, you have the option to compress it, which I
always do.  In my case, I have about 5.5 gb on my HD which compresses
down to about 3 gb when imaged, using the maximum compression option.
If you choose the no compression option (faster, but only a little) the
image file is essentially the same size as the original.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW