[WriteLog] Fw: Port Setup & LPT keying with XP

William D.Storer wstorer at cinci.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 17:49:11 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: William D.Storer
To: Writelog at contesting.com
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 5:45 PM
Subject: Port Setup & LPT keying with XP

Any help with XP keying via the LPT port. Just switched over to XP Professional from Windows ME where I was using the LPT for keying.
I've followed the steps listed in the support section as per using Userport and have it set with the correct address and is functioning properly.
When I try the port setup in the program itself, it shows that the LPT port is available and I'm able to select it and save the configuration.
Only problem is that no keying even using the same cable as before and when I open the port setup window again after a save it doesn't show the LPT port selected. Also if I touch a function key as during a contest operation , the screen does a slit blink.  Where have I errored?  :)

Bill Storer    KF8HR
wstorer at cinci.rr.com