[WriteLog] MMTTY Standalone no problem

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 04:12:03 EDT 2004

John Fleming wrote:
>That must be what he's talking about Don - the RTTY Control Panel.  I
>didn't realize it because I have those buttons turned off!  (And I
>always forget how to turn them on/off - You chose Setup TNC from the
>Rttyrite window.) Garnie, those are -Profile- buttons - not macros.
>They choose a predefined profile, e.g. a combination of settings (eg
>Fluttered Signals FIR, AFC ON, NET OFF - or however you've set it up)
>and whether NET is on or not etc. The plugin will show 4 of 8 possible
>profiles if I understand it correctly. The profiles listed are defined
>via the Assign and Delete menus under Profile in the MMTTY program.  I
>believe the default profile buttons allow you to choose a profile for
>CQ with AFC ON and another for S&P with AFC OFF and so forth.  As noted
>above, you can program these however you like them by setting the
>parameters and then assigning to a profile.  I think you hve to do this
>in the standalone version and then you will have the first 4 profiles
>available in the plugin.

Garnie, you can also save your personal favorite profiles to files (you
can do this while MMTTY is running from RTTYrite). Since you can select
a new profile very quickly from the drop-down Profiles menu, you won't
need those profile buttons at all.

It's all part of the ongoing battle to save screen space.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK