[WriteLog] FCVK Tip #2 - multiple full callsign.wav versions

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Sun Jul 18 15:49:52 EDT 2004

FCVK Tip #2 - multiple full callsign.wav versions

Now that WL provides for 20 SSB messages, I've been re-thinking options a
bit here and offer a suggestion which I plan to do.

For your own full callsign.wav recording, consider FIVE versions:

1. Non-phonetic, up tempo
2. Phonetic, up tempo
3. Phonetic, S-L-O-W-E-R succinct delivery (for bad QRM repeat situations)
4. Phonetic Prefix Only
5. Phonetic Suffix Only

#4 & #5 should be obvious, but just in case...

Too many times I've gotten: "Who's the Victor Victor Alpha?" (Or, repeat
requests for my Prefix)

New (automated) solution:
* Press PREFIX ONLY (Kilowatt SIX) - TWO TIMES then Press SUFFIX ONLY
(Victor Victor Alpha) ONCE  (etc., etc.)
... or, Press #4 as many times as it takes for the station to get it right.

Too many times I've gotten: "Who's the Kilowatt Six?"

New (automated) solution:
* Similar to above, but press SUFFIX ONLY (Victor Victor Alpha) as many
times as it takes for the station to get it right.

The nice thing is that all this can be done while still sipping on a cool
one :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA