[WriteLog] WL on old PC's update

David Douglass david.douglass at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 19 05:58:41 EDT 2004

Re: My query on running WL on old PC's

If anyone's interested, I decided to play about the other day to see if I
could stop my old Satellite Pro 440CDT crashing when running WL.

What I found was, that the computer would freeze up from time to time, when
I had WL running with Rig control using a USB to RS232 converter. When I
switched to rig control on the standard com port, computer ran fine with no
freeze ups.

Obviously the USB converter was causing my the problems, and not the PC
itself.

All I need to do now is figure out how the get Rig control, CW out and PTT
on the existing ports.

Thanks again for all the suggestions..

David, VK2NU