[WriteLog] IC-7800 & Writelog

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Fri Jul 23 15:26:20 EDT 2004

Dave, I've gone to great legnths to eliminate interstation interference so while I'm transmitting on 1 rig/band I can be listening on another.  (modest station, some of the attenuation is provided by vertical/horizontal antennas, the rest comes from ICE 419A filters).  With the 7800 not being able to recieve during transmit it would fall short of my so2r expectations.

On the other hand, as long as the correct information comes back through the single computer interface port, there's no reason that the rig couldn't function as an "almost so2r in a box".  The software would need to be able to decypher which "radio" is on what frequency.  As for the single amp relay, that would be a little tougher.  You'd need some external switching controlled by the computer (i.e. the a/b info that's on the lpt port for writelog) that would route the keying line to either amp A or amp B.

73 de Al, KE1FO