[WriteLog] wpx score problem

Rob K6RB k6rb at baymoon.com
Tue Jun 1 12:54:26 EDT 2004

Was using 10.46G for WPX CW this weekend and found that VQ5 was unidentified as a country and scored only 1 point. Have since done the following:

 - upgraded to 10.47E
 - downloaded the latest wl_cty.dat file and put it in the Programs subdirectory
 - ran the "convert cty to wl" utility
 - opened the WPX log and did a recalculate score

Now, the VQ5 QSOs have been properly identified as Turks & Caicos. That's the good news.
The score remains 1, 1 and 1 point instead of 2, 4 and 2 points. Now, if I edit the call to VP5V, it scores it correclty (e.g. 2 or 4 points, depending on band), but if I re-edit back to VQ5, it shows the country and prefix correctly but returns to the score to 1 point.

I have run out of new things to try. Anyone have a suggestion?

Rob K6RB