[WriteLog] wpx score problem

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Tue Jun 1 16:12:14 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/1/04 12:55:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, k6rb at baymoon.com
writes:

> Now, the VQ5 QSOs have been properly identified as Turks &Caicos. That's
> the good news.
> The score remains 1, 1 and 1 point instead of 2, 4 and 2 points. Now, if I
> edit the call to VP5V, it scores it correclty (e.g. 2 or 4 points, depending
> on band), but if I re-edit back to VQ5, it shows the country and prefix
> correctly but returns to the score to 1 point.
>
> I have run out of new things to try. Anyone have a suggestion?

Rob,  Although it is frustrating to have WL show an incorrect score, at the
end of the day, it does not matter at all.  Qso points and multipliers are not
included in the Cabrillo records.  What you get credit for in terms of Qso
points and multiplier credits is entirely in the hands of the contest log
checkers.

Bottom line:  ignore the score and mults that WL counts.

73, Geo...