[WriteLog] Networking

Georgens, Tom tom.georgens at engenio-it.com
Mon Jun 7 18:58:05 EDT 2004

Bob -

I run Writelog with static IP addresses and it works fine.

Generally, if the computers can see each other in the "computers near me,"
Writelog will network.  What I have seen is that Writelog can be particular
sometimes.  If you upgrade the OS, Writelog should be reinstalled.  If you
change any network parameters, Writelog should be restarted.

I am not real network savvy but I have networked at least a dozen different
PC's and never had one that could not eventually connect.  I never had do
anything more exotic than setting up user/passwords, setting up workgroups,
assigning IP addresses, and loading the Writelog software.

GL and have fun

73, Tom W2SC