[WriteLog] ANARTS WRITELOG msg exchange

Tom Moore wx4tm at tm-moore.com
Thu Jun 10 06:41:02 EDT 2004

The ANARTS rules say:

"MESSAGES:

To consist of RST, Time (UTC), and Zone (CQ)."

 WRITELOG ANARTS module suggest the proper format is

RST, Zone (CQ) and Time (UTC).

which is correct or does it matter??

Don's webb page (AA5AU) suggest a message exchange of:

%R%C 599 4 %T %T

Personally, I think if everyone sets his clock to UTC just prior to the
contest, there should be no reason to send the time twice.  And I think
sending the zone NR only once is  just asking for repeat requests.  So
I'm thinking (always gets me in trouble) that the 'better' exchange
should be:

%R%C 599 4 4 %T

or shud it be 599 %T 4 4  like the rules suggest??

Tom WX4TM