[WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking

Lyle C. Anderson lyle at lcanderson.com
Mon Jun 28 12:59:18 EDT 2004

I fully support Steve's proposal.  We had a six station Writelog
installation running on Field Day and found that the NetDDE interface to
be totally unreliable.  It failed at least 5 times during field day.
Each machine needed to be rebooted (restarting NetDDE SSDM did not
help).  The web application is nice, but uses a number of technologies
that would make a server environment even more complicated and harder to
maintain - especially for an operator who's first job isn't IT.  Using
an IP port is simple, relatively easy to program, and very robust in a
networking environment.

------------------------------------
lcanderson.com, LLC
Director