[WriteLog] Laptop Keying and Stuttering again

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Mon Jun 28 17:27:42 EDT 2004

Thanks for all the replies about the laptop serial port stuttering when it was sending CW on FD.

Just a couple of points for all of you to ponder....

Windows 2000 Pro is the OS
Dell 700 Mhz Laptop (not exactly the fastest, but works)
Serial Port Interface:  homebrew with 2n2222 and RG174 for thge keying line
Power output: about 80 watts with the radio grounded very well

In fact, I thought it might be RF too...so I coiled a lot of the cable up into a tight loop and it still did the CW stuttering.  I reduced power to 5 watts...still did the stuttering.

I just wonder if users have seen this before and if there is a cure.

Lee - K0WA