[WriteLog] Open Letter to Wayne - Networking

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Tue Jun 29 10:26:19 EDT 2004

The concern that I have related to networking, and some other functions, is that you have to manually re-do too much every time you start the program.

Getting the networking started should be automatic.  Run Writelog, it should at minimum be ready to network (if you had it that way before) and prompt you to connect to the network.

Also, when changing modes, switching banks of messages should be automatic too.

Also, if you use multiple operators, the message store area should stay the same or be confiogurable for the particular contest to retain those memories/messages.  This one is big.  Each contest should have it's own "INI" capability so that once I have defined how everything needs to be set up for a particular contest, the next running of that contest, every setting I used the last time should be available and set from the start.  I should not have to re-create all of the CW or RTTY messages etc.

Getting Writelog running right, and making sure that everything you're going to need to operate that particular contest is enabled is the biggest problem.

Once it's running, it is as our German friend said - trouble free.  I have not seen any network problems at all.

N5NJ
AA5NT Infrastructure Engineer