[WriteLog] Windows XP Set Up Problems with WriteLog

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Tue Jun 29 16:05:07 EDT 2004

Ron,

You have an ideal setup and Windows XP works perfectly with Writelog.

At AA5NT, we have nearly the same setup except that we replaced the 1000D with a MP Mark V.

We use LPT port serial interfaces to send CW.  These are enabled by running a program called "Userport" which you can download for free off of the Internet.  If you can't find it, send me an email directly, and I can email it to you.

You didn't come right out and say it, but it sounds like you might be going towards SO2R operation?  If so, you'll need an external switching device to move things from one radio to another.  The ZS4TX Super Combo Keyer from ArraySolutions is one choice, another is the W5XD Keyer unit which you'd need another serial port for.  You could also build your own if you're so inclined.

Ask some more questions as you get along with this.

73,
Bob N5NJ