[WriteLog] RE: [RTTY] GridSquare, Calculating Distance

Dave Bernstein dave.bernstein at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 17:27:01 EST 2004

The formula for computing the distance between two points on the earth's
surface, each specified in latitude and longitude, is presented in "The
Satellite Experimenter's Handbook", which I believe is published by CQ; a
Google search should find it. Conversion between grid square and
latitude/longitude is described on the ARRL web site; search for Maidenhead.

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ