[WriteLog] Real Reflector Stuff - updating cty.dat files

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Tue Mar 9 22:36:13 EST 2004

Before ARRL SSB a new cty.dat file was put on the k1ea website that made =
vq5 a valid prefix for vp5.  There were various issues related on this re=
flector and others about it not working right. =20

I STILL have not got it working right.  I operated the whole contest with=
 VQ5A coming up as an unknown mult (which I know the log checkers will fi=
x, but it was still annoying during the test to not have it counted prope=
rly). =20

So, here's what I've done, and what happens.

Download the file from k1ea by right clicking on wl_cty.dat and saving it=
 as a text file.
Run wl_cty.dat through the convert cty to writelog program (whatever it's=
 called)
the program crunches for a while "Working, please QRX"  When it's done, i=
t says "All Done"  Here's where it seems funky, the OK button stays greye=
d, and the only way to get out of the program is to hit the cancel button=
 or the close box on the window. =20

So, did the convert program actually finish?  By closing out or cancellin=
g did I undo the whole convert operation?  Why isin't the OK button becom=
ing enabled?

ARRL is long gone, but I'd like to be able to update the cty file next ye=
ar!

73 de Al, KE1FO

Outgoing mail is Virus Scanned byNorman Data Defense. Inbound Spam reduce=
d 98.2% byVircom Sieve. WorldLink ISP Internet Services Internet service =
for only $99 per Year . http://www.WorldLinkISP.com=20
http://www.worldlinkisp.com/