[WriteLog] DVK

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Mar 17 14:30:26 EST 2004

David J. Strout, Sr.    (W2YC) wrote:
> It would be nice to have a utility program that would take a file like the
> friend.ini file and convert it into .wav files from a master source of your
> own voice recordings.  That would cover about 85% of all contest calls.

Or you could just create the 26 alphabet wav files and the 10 number wav files and edit them appropriatly and get 100% of calls.

I just did this process.  Initially it took me about 3 hours to create all the wav files and edit them to sound OK.  Now as I play them back in sequence in different combinations, I find I need to tweak a character here or there.  It sounds pretty good if you work at it.  I don't see the need for all the complication that is being talked about in this thread.

73 de Al, KE1FO